6.18.2014

Shredded Interview: 16 Questions for Fitness Blogger KimFit10


  "My main goal in life is to inspire women,
  show them that they are capable 
of anything they set their mind to… "

Until you find yourself at absolute breaking point to dedicating everything you have into changing your lifestyle, then you will understand the struggle it takes. Whether it's with putting on muscle or in most cases weight loss. The second moment of fear I think kicks in when you realize you have no clue what to do or where to start on your journey, that's the moment when you need the best support team on your side; in this case a personal trainer. I don't think people really understand what it takes to start someone on this amazing path through fitness from the patience and the long grueling hours, it really takes a special person. That's why as today's interview I chose Kimberly Rayner a personal trainer at a gym located in El Paso, TX called New You! She's a full-time student, bikini competitor, and best of all super motivating! Sharing a little bit of her is just what your day/night needs and found all after the jump!



• Name: Kimberly Rayner

• Age: 22

• Hometown: El Paso, TX

• How did you start/ become a personal trainer?
I use to be a client at New You and within the first month of training the
owner Shane Martinez, (now my role model) came up to me one day and
asked me if I wanted to be a trainer. I was so happy and felt extremely
blessed because I am in love with fitness and I love helping people with
their confidence and health. I shadowed for two months and got my
certification as soon as possible.

• What has been the most memorable moment in your career so far?

I had a client; I trained him for a while and when school started and all that he could no longer train with me. He got too busy and money also became an issue so he couldn’t make it to the gym any more. Months down the road I had randomly ran into him at a store (that I hardly ever go to) and he looked like he was going through something rough. I spoke to him for a while and turned out someone very dear to him had passed away and he was also going through a break up. I felt it was God nudging me in the arm and telling me to do something. After we had spoke for a while, I told him you should come back to the gym, free of charge. I know that I would be working extra for no pay, but in my heart time to me is more valuable and he clearly needed a helping hand and something to help him get his mind off things. He was so happy and he started two days later. It wasn’t until about 2 months down the road that he had texted me and told me that he was about to commit suicide that day, but because of me he didn’t. My heart fell to the ground. I had helped save someone’s life. That will probably be the most memorable moment of my life. Not only do I help people reach their fitness goals, but I also try and help them in anyway I can. I love all my clients, I consider them my friends.

• How would you describe your personal style?

I am a person who gets bored very easily. I am the same with workouts. Since I have always been that way, I make sure that I always keep up to date with the latest workouts and trends. I want my clients to walk into the gym and have no idea what we are going to do and say, “I wonder what Kim has planned for me today.” I take time every Sunday and spend research and lots of thought in planning and writing my workouts for the week. All my clients do the same workouts, but depending on the physical endurance of the trainee, I either lower or higher the weight, add more reps or lower the reps. I go at the trainees pace and I try not to do anything too crazy that will push away the clients. My training is a mix of everything; you could call it cross training. It ranges from cardio, weight-training, plyometrics, some cross-fit movements, etc.

• What does a normal day in the life usually consist of for you?
Well I wake up at 4am almost every morning. I get to work by 5am. I train my clients from 5am-10am. Depending on the day I usually either go to school during my breaks or go home and relax, work on my online training, or run errands. Then around 2pm I go back to the gym and try to get a work out in myself. I then train my clients from 4-8pm. I go home make dinner, shower and I try and get into bed at 9:30pm. If I am in school, then I will do my homework and then try and be in bed by 11pm. This schedule is what my weekdays consist of. My weekend schedule is just as busy, but I usually try and make it to events that my clients invite me to and I go to church every Sunday. I love church I’m a big Christian.

• Something that most people don't know about you would be:
I like to spend time alone, at least once a week. Netflix is one of my best friends. I hate afternoons and I love eating bad. If I weren’t a trainer I would probably be the fattest girl in the world. JK :) I always have to have my nails done, but I could care less about my make up or hair. I am obsessed with my Yorkie. I am a weird one. Haha

• Aside from being a trainer what hobbies do you do?
I am currently in college and trying to get a Bachelor’s in Marketing. I love going to church every Sunday. I am also getting ready for a bikini show in September. I absolutely love going to the movies and spending time with my family, boyfriend, and friends. Fitness and health is pretty much all I do so all my extra time is devoted to my loved ones.

• Three years from now, where do you see yourself?

Three years from now I will be 25. I hope to continue to be personal training and changing people’s lives. I also hope to be pursuing bikini competitions and maybe even get my pro card somewhere down the line. I hope to own my own business one day.

• Who are some people who inspire you and you look up to:

There are lists of people who inspire me and who I look up to. My mom would have to be one of my biggest inspirations in my life. She is always pushing me to be better and motivating me. Whether it is school, work, life, or the bikini prep, she is always pushing me to be my best. I love her so much. The main reason I got into this bikini prep is because of my boyfriend Jeremy Frank, He is one of the hardest working people I know. He is always in a great mood and has positive outlooks on everything, which is such a great quality I admire about him. The person who set fire to my passion for health and fitness would have to be Shane Martinez. He gave me the chance to be the best I could possibly be. I was only 18 when he took me under his wing and showed me the ropes of life and everything else. I love my long talks with him about life and he always makes me feel at ease about my future. He is a huge inspiration in my life. Another motivator in my life would be Lizzie Martinez. She is such a hard worker and she always believes in me. She is always so optimistic about everything, which makes me love being around her. I surround myself with people who love life just as much as I do. We all have the same long-term goals in life and I think that is why we get along so well. I don’t know what I would do without them.

• 3 songs currently on your summer playlist:
Work Bitch by Britney Spears, Fancy by Iggy Azalea, and Rude by Magic

• Favorite quote:
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

• Create a WOD right off the top of your head:
I loveeeeee leg dayss!! So here you all go:
-Warm-up with 5 minute walk on treadmill at an incline of 3 and
speed of 3.5mph
-3x20 pop squats
-3x20 box jumps
-3x15 leg swing lunge
-3x 30 seconds of high knees
-3x30 second holding squat
-3x15 tuck jumps
-3x15 leg extensions (on machine)
-3x15 standing calf raises

• Upcoming projects or events that you are currently working on
I am currently working on my online training and trying to promote that even more. I am working on getting ready for a bikini competition in September. I am working on promoting my blogs and hopefully getting sponsored in the future by a supplement company. Another side project that I am slowly easing into is a shirt company. I can’t wait for that. I like to be working on many things because it always keeps me going.

• Two pieces of advice for: Someone who wants to start their journey of getting fit/Someone who wants a career a personal trainer.

The first month will probably be the hardest, but don’t give up I promise that in the long run it will pay off. Good things take time and nothing worth having comes easy. Most importantly, KEEP GOING!!! For the second tip having a good personality and patience is key. You will deal with all kinds of clients, but at the end of the day it is all worth it. Go for it. You will love it. It is one of the biggest blessings in my life.



Don't forget to follow Kim for daily tips and motivation
 on instagram + her amazing blog!

No comments: